We shall next be meeting at the orchard on Sunday May 10 from 2.15pm. Please come along and join in the fun.
We shall be:
- attaching our shiny new tree labels
- guarding the few unprotected trees
- getting the bench/picnic table out of Mandy's garage and installed in the orchard (on concrete bases)
- spraying and then clearing bramble roots
- burning the bramble remains
- making sure the hornbeams in their temporary trench are thriving
- holding a short meeting to discuss the lease agreement with the parish council
There should be enjoyable tasks for people of all ages. We look forward to seeing you. Call David woodward on 969 3633 for more.
Chilterns Board come up trumps
We are delighted to report that we have received a grant of £1549.33 from the Chilterns Conservation Board. Many thanks to Kath Daly and her colleagues for their support.
Community orchards in the news
BBC Radio 4's You & Yours carried an interesting item about community orchards today. You can use the 'Listen Again' feature if you missed the programme.